Thursday, August 4, 2011

Waiting... Patiently...

Waiting on the Lord. I am just going to put it right out there. I have become very aware that this is an area in my life I need the A LOT of work in. God has definitely putting me to the test in this area over and over. The older I get, the more I find myself becoming a perfectionist, (thank you Mom.) Maybe it is because like many of us I simply want to know I have things under control or at least in somewhat of an order. To know what my future holds and plan for it. The reality is, I am not in control, nor should I want to be. And whenever I do try and gain control in my life over things, I only end up making a huge mess. And yes, I know this from experience. I truly do want to live each and every moment knowing I am following Jesus and letting Him led my every step. Confirmation has become a HUGE thing I have realized I need in my life for everything big or small. And not only is He teaching me to wait for these confirmations, but wait patiently. I was talking with my friend Lacey today about how hard it is for me, and how often I feel like I fail in this area. And she simply reminded me that, if I were failing I would be taking all these HARD things in my life right now, and making my own plans outside of whatever God's will for my life is. That is simply not what I am doing. Sometimes it takes others in our lives to open our eyes and see things from an outside view. Just because things are HARD, and we only see that part of it, does not mean we fail. The Lord never said our lives would be easy when we choose to follow Him, just that it would be worth it. Patience I believe is one of the hardest traits to learn. And as our society becomes more and more fast pace, I think this trait will only become that much harder to learn. Praise the Lord that He is teaching me this, even as hard as it is at times. I love that He is always wanting to push us, shape us, and make us that much stronger and help us to be all we can be for Him and to His liking. I actually feel honored that He has chosen me to be one He sees fit to go through these difficult times. This entire year, in every area of my life it seems He is teaching me to wait whether it be in my finances, my job, my dreams, relationships, and even which the ways He wants me to be serving Him. Maybe in my next posting I will explain exactly how he is having me wait in those areas. My prayer is simply this... that while He has us in times of waiting as hard as it may be, that we will grow in abundant ways from it. In the mean time, while we do wait, may we continue to pray and PRAY CEASINGLY for Him to reveal Himself in His own time.

A verse that has popped up a few times this week that I feel the Lord has given to me is this...

Isaiah 40:31 says "they who wait for the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint." Can I get an amen? :)

In Him, Nicole Elizabeth

1 comment:

  1. Oh, my amens are screaming on the inside! Thank you so much for writing about this. God reminded me as I read that I don't need to be in control any more than He needs me to be in control. The idea that such a me-dominated reality is something I can lean on, something that is meant to be,is a myth. It only makes sense to the degree that it builds up my self-central perceptions of life. God is clearly showing me that I need more than that. I need Him and His righteous wisdom to dominate me and my foolish desires for less than Him.

    ReplyDelete